Reproductive Medicine Genetic Counseling Services
Genetic testing provides valuable information to patients experiencing infertility, But Knowing Information isn't the same as Understanding it.
Genetic counseling helps couples understand the data obtained from genetic testing and it's implications on their treatment path. Pre-test education helps reduce patient anxiety about testing and the uncertainty of test results. Metis provides the appropriate education and counseling for couples interested in carrier screening, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and preimplantation genetic screening (PGS).
Metis' Reproductive Medicine Genetic counseling Services include:
- General preconception counseling by board-certified genetic counselors
- Donor gamete evaluation and risk counseling
- Informative videos that educate couples and answer common questions about frequently ordered genetic tests including carrier screening, PGD and PGS
- Positive results reporting and private consultations using Metis' HIPAA-compliant software
- Partners have access to our expert genetic counseling team for specific questions about test results