Wishing for more flexibility?
Certified Genetic Counselor - Telegenetic Contract Position
By providing web-based solutions for expert genetic counseling, Metis Genetics increases the accessibility and availability of genetic counseling to support the increased use of genetic testing.
- Provide pre-test and test results genetic counseling to patients via Metis' telegenetic platform.
- Assess recurrence risk and recommend medical or genetic testing based on analysis of the risk, benefit, and cost.
- Provide genetic counseling support to physicians and laboratory staff.
- Contribute to the establishment of telegenetic counseling best practices.
- Assist with development and validation of genetic counseling products as needed.
- Board certified or board eligible genetic counselor.
- 1-2 years clinical experience in preconception, prenatal, oncology and/or reproductive genetics.
- Experience with carrier screening and NIPT screening and results counseling.
- Ability to counsel patients in different languages and video counseling experience a plus.
- Demonstrated analytic and diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- External hires must pass a background check and drug screen.
- Participate and contribute to an environment where collaboration & cross-over of domain expertise (genomics, computer science, medicine, data-science, finance, clinical genetics) helps improve healthcare.
- Flexible scheduling, work from home, varied responsibilities to assist with company growth.
- Be part of a team of experts who are passionate about helping genetic medicine impact healthcare
Flexible. You choose.
Flexible. (~20 hours per week)
Possible Working Days:
Flexible. Metis provides services Monday – Saturday.